I keep wishing I had been diligent in writing down the funny things my kids say. I've had a couple good belly laughs the last couple days and thought if I don't start now I will never start. This blog has saved me in the scrap booking (well the LACK of) so I think I will start here.
Gavin has never played a video game in his life. Neither Brent or I have ever been into them, so when Amber gave him a little Spider Man video game set I wasn't sure if he would ever play it. I had a good laugh watching him try to figure it out on his own. It would have been easy if he would let someone show him how to do it, but this kid WILL NOT let you show him how to do anything....very annoying at times. Yesterday I came into the living room where Gavin was "playing" his game. He is very excited and says, "Look mom, I'm whoppin butt--no, TWO butts!" I'm not sure if he knows what he is doing, but at least he is having fun!
Gavin does know how to maneuver his way through websites. It never ceases to amaze me. His favorite is PBSkids.org. What cracks me up is that he always asks for it just that way, "Mom, can I play PBS kids dot org?" The other day he asked me, "Mom, what is your favorite "org?" What a cute kid and what a different world he is growing up in!
This is a story Shannon told me on Saturday. She was driving all the little girl cousins home from Naomi's birthday party and getting a kick out of the conversation going on between them. Kids are so honest, and the stuff they feel comfortable talking about is very refreshing. Shannon said that out of nowhere Kesley says, "Sometimes my mom asks me to change Jennas diapers, but she's just kidding because I am only 5!" (Funny, because we all know I haven't ever asked her to change a diaper.) Melissa says, "Jacob and Allison are old enough to change diapers!" Shannon joins in, and for a little shock effect says, "Well they are lucky because when I was little we didn't have diapers that you can just throw away, ours were made out of material and I had to rinse my little brothers diapers out in the toilet before my mom could wash them." Of course they were all disgusted, but true to the honest nature of children, Megan says, "Hey, my mom does that to my underwear if I ever have an accident!" Melissa, not to be outdone, says, "My mom does that to my underwear too if I ever have an accident!" Kesley, very sad and dramatic says, "My mom just throws them away. If I ever make a wish or say a prayer, I just wish that I won't poop in my pretty pants." Hmmmm....maybe I am a little harsh, but I don't think she has ever had an accident!
We just went to see the movie, "Hotel For Dogs"--very cute and the kids loved it. In one dramatic moment, all the stray dogs, including her favorite poodle are picked up and hauled to the pound. Kesley was very worried. She doesn't realize she is talking out loud and says, "Ohhhh, I really like'ted the white pluto!"
Bring It On
6 years ago
5 comments:
What a riot! I love that pretty pants story! Too cute!
So cute! I throw away the poopy underwear, too. Ix-nay on the Oopy-pay.
Hi Maria! I am so glad that I was able to find you on facebook. It is so fun seeing your cute family. I'm glad your son's surgery went well. It is always scary anytime your child has to have surgery. Jacey had kidney surgery 3 times between when she was 5.
I got in touch with Barbara Dunn on facebook and she said to tell my mom hi and the very next day my mom ran into her at lunch at PF Changs. Barbara's twins just left for missions in California. Crazy how fast time flies.
Keep in touch!
Kelly
Hi! This is Becky (Myers) Kelly, I'm Brent's Uncle Ron's daughter. Good luck trying to keep all of the Myers family straight : ) Anyway, I loved this post, I love the things kids say. I started a column on the side of my blog, just for the funny things that my kids say.
(if you want to email me, yahooforyou@hotmail.com , I'll send an invitation to my blog.)
By the way, I love the potty training negotiations. My 2 year old wants cookies. cookies and ice cream.
I'm still laughing! This is the funniest thing. I wish I had written this stuff down...cuz I promise there was tons goin on!
Post a Comment