Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Little humor for the morning...

Ok, Jenna has been following me around for 2 days begging me to let her open a can of Cream of Chicken Soup. She has no idea what it is, she just keeps getting the can off the shelf and really hoping it is something yummy. Well, I had finally had enough. I opened the can, and gave her a big spoonful....problem solved!
Another little funny story: Gavin is not supposed to go back to school until Monday and, as I mentioned yesterday, he is going crazy. Today he was not going to take "no" for an answer. He came in completely dressed, coat on, backpack on, and a little note for Sherri (remember Sherri? ;) The note was of him and her holding hands--very cute--and on the back he even wrote his phone number, "in case her needs to call me sometime."

Well, it was too cute. I had to let him go! We were 15 minutes late by the time we got there, but I walked him into his classroom and we found everyone in a little half circle at the opposite end of the classroom. One little girl immediately said, "You had an operation on your brain!" Gavin walked over to the class and turned his back to them so they could all see the scar. His teacher said, "Gavin, we are so glad you're back!" Gavin said, "Guess what? I'm not scared of the freeway anymore." I had to laugh at that! We have been hoping the freeway paranoia was due to the balance issues he had and will go away.....PLEASE GO AWAY! Anyway, no pressure on G or anything... Then Gavin says, "Nobody can push me down!" I really had to laugh at that one because I had told him all the way to school to be very careful and no running or jumping. The teacher kind of laughed and said, "Well we have a rule that nobody touches anyone else, so I think that will be OK." And, that was that! He sat down and was so happy to be back!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Gavin sounds like such a sweetie! I can't stand it. That scar looks wicked!