Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First day of school!

Ahh the first day of school. Gavin didn't have any of the anxiety like last year. He was up, dressed, ate a HUGE breakfast and was off! It's hard to pull information out of that kid, but I am pretty sure he had a great day. He even said he played with Shari (remember her?) at recess and "she lost three teeth this summer!" I said, "Did you show her that your top teeth grew in?" He said, "No, but some kid said--hey you have big teeth! to me today." Has anyone else noticed that his front two teeth are the size of X-LARGE chicklets?
Kesley is so excited to start kindergarten. It's hard because it starts a week after all the rest of the kids, so she won't go until next Wednesday. (very anti-climactic) Jenna is VERY excited to start her preschool, but it doesn't start until SEPTEMBER 9th! (quadruple the anti-climactisism...if that is a word). Both girls were semi appeased because today just happened to be the first day of BALLET! Jenna finally got to go be in a class and not just watching Kesley. I've never seen her so happy! Her teacher asked her how old she was. She said, "I'm two! I will be three on September fourteen!" That little lady is growing up way to fast...sad and happy at the same time.

5 comments:

Tiffney said...

Gavin is SO handsom!! What a fun time! I miss those kiddos!!!! Come visit, I have my own place now so PLEASE just come visit. :) LOVE you all!!

gwenthemom said...

Maria thankyou for doing such a GREAT job keeping up your blog. We love it!!!!!

Jake and Jenny said...

Yeah for the first day of school! All my kids went back on the same day and it was very exciting!

Holly Sanders said...

how cute are they??? Seriously, so cute! I wish my girls were into ballet. Gavin looks so handsome--I agree with the big teeth thing--it changes their whole look. Audrey is 6 now and still hasn't lost any teeth--maggie had lost 6 by the time she was 6. So therefore, it makes Audrey still look so little even though she starts 1st grade on mOnday--can't wait!

Amy said...

Nathan's preschool doesn't start until September either. He doesn't mind as long as he gets to wear his Monster Truck shirt the first day : )