Friday, August 21, 2009

When the boys are away the girls will play!

Brent and Gavin were off to the Fathers and Sons camp out tonight, so us girls had to come up with something equally as fun. Here is some of what can happen when you turn the planning over to a 5 year old!

First: Go to the dollar store and pick out some brand new SPARKLY make up for make-overs!

Second: Dress up like princesses...but what will mom wear?

Third: Squeeze your mother into the biggest dress up you can find. (This thing is usually their "wedding dress" and goes past their feet...I actually considered using my Slim & Lift.) I had a good laugh when I was pulling and tugging to get the thing on and I said, "This will work! Right?" Kesley said, "Sept for we got to get a shirt that matches cause we can see your undershirt and your bra...and your big belly..." (I really need to loose some weight before her Jr. High years...) Jenna, who is always on my side when she thinks anyone is being mean to me, says, "Mom, I like your big belly."

Me in all my glory
Fourth: Do each others hair. Jenna wanted hers in a bun with flower. Kesley was VERY excited to do my hair and practice all the skills she has learned from doing hair on Barbie.com! I think I ended up looking a little bit like an Afghan Hound... Jenna captured the moment from an angle that seemed to add 50 pounds to my arms! Look at the size of those things!Fifth: Capture the moment on camera! Look at these beautiful princesses!Next, it was time to DANCE! Kesley LOVES a song Taylor Swift sings called, "Love Story." We cranked it up and Danced! I had to include this HIDEOUS shot of me dancing from behind! Too funny to leave out.
The girls were so dang cute dancing, but they really enjoyed trying to belt out the chorus--I happened to capture that moment perfectly!



And finally
, we ended the night with strawberry milkshakes and a movie. What a PERFECT night!--and we didn't have to sleep in a tent!

9 comments:

Holly Sanders said...

YOU are such a fun mom! Serioulsy, by girls would probably trade me for you in a heartbeat!--they still talk about how you painted their toes.

Tiffney said...

WOW... you win the Mom of the year award for this one. Those girls will remember that night for a LONG time. Way to go!! Also, Kes did wonderful on your hair, and I'm diggin the princess dress... you're brave! I LOVE IT!! I miss those kiddos darn it! COME VISIT. :) Love you all!

Supercords said...

Somehow I think I'd rather be fighting off mosquitoes at the Father & Sons campout.

Pattens on Lambourne said...

What a great mom and a great night! They will never forget that!

PAC12 said...

You do deserve a mom of the year award. What a fun night! It really looks like you all had fun.

Rachel John said...

Wow, that made me want a girl! So cute!

Mary & Josh said...

Maria! Oh my goodness! I am glad I am back blogging just so that I could see this blog! It is the cutest! It gave me a good "welcome back" laugh! You have the BEST sense of humor!

Mary said...

You crack me up!

Crazy Zumba Lady said...

so dang funny! You look so dashing!! Just like a princess. Looks like it was a blast!! Miss you.