Friday, April 16, 2010

"Oh the times they are a chay-ane-gin"

You know that Simon & Garfunkel song, right?

So, Brent is the BEST, but he is also the STINKIEST man alive. By evening he can be pretty...how to say this...ripe? Anyone ever been up to the sulfur hot pots in Midway?... Ya. that is the smell.

The kids have been too small to really notice. Jenna has always had a nose from hell and she'll throw in an "Ewwww, what's that smell???" But that has really been about it. I keep telling Brent that things are going to change soon. Girls reach a certain age and they begin to notice EVERYTHING irritating that their dads are doing. I remember leaving the room when my dad was going to eat a banana or sit down for a bowl of cereal (I have to do that with Brent too, so maybe that's just me...) I kept telling him it was only a matter of time before these stinky toots were going to come between him and his girls.

The other night Brent was in singing Kesley a song before bed. I guess he was particularly ripe this evening and let one slip. For the first time ever Kesley kicked him out! It was so bad she was GAGGING!! Poor lady. Now she understands why I let him retire to the family room downstairs while I hide in my room with the door shut to watch my evening shows! The next evening he was greeted by this sign posted above her bed. Maybe she thought decorating it nicely with an Easter egg would soften the blow?

"No tooting on my bed"

So, tomorrow is the big day. Here is another clue about my adventures with the sequins...You should be scared!

6 comments:

my name is becky kelly said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! I LOVE that sign! Hopefully it didn't hurt Brent's feelings! :)
and, I LOVE that it's "tooting" rather than the "f" word that my kids are not allowed to say!

*becky kelly*

Grandma Trudy said...

cute, cute, cute!

Pattens on Lambourne said...

I love it!!!!

Mary said...

HA!!! No tooting on my bed is a perfectly fair rule. You teach people how to treat you, after all. ;)

your average nobody said...

LOVE all your recent posts!!! Can't wait to see your reveal!

Tiffney said...

That is the funniest thing I've read in a LONG time!! I'm still laughing! Poor Boog... or should I say Poor everyone in the vacinity when Boog lets loose. We love him anyway!! SO FUNNY!!