We are home! (as of 3:30 a.m. this morning) I am already wishing I was back on the coast enjoying family, good friends and ENORMOUS amounts of food. I was thinking about my top ten moments of the trip and realized most of them revolved around food--butter in particular. We spared no expense and pretty much ate our way through our vacation! I haven't downloaded any pictures to my computer yet, so to fill the gap I will give you:
Maria's Top Ten Oregon Coast Moments In Food:
10. Depot Bay caramel popcorn--perfectly crunchy and chewy at the same time, every time.
9. Tillamook cheese! Why I felt the need to eat my weight in cheese is a mystery, but if everyone could please try not to use the word, "cheese curd" around me for awhile, I would very much appreciate it.
8. Amber's french dip sandwiches with sauteed mushrooms & onions on yummy french bread rolls.
7. Brent's famous pancakes with Daveys 'Pappy's Papsmear Syrup'. 4 ingredients: butter, buttermilk sugar & vanilla = the BEST syrup EVER!
6. J's Fish & Chips--a new find after all these years going to the Oregon Coast, but a MUST from now on.
5. Avocado Egg rolls with Honey-Cilantro dipping sauce. As Amber says, "They are their own food group."
4. Almond cake from "The Shops at Salishan" Nibbled on it and savored every bite as I thought about my parents--love you guys!
3. 124 cans of Diet Pepsi--not all consumed by me, but I think I'd be sick if I knew what percentage of that actually was consumed--by-- me.
2. Peanut Butter bars. Three pans full = 2 pounds of butter to add to my already overflowing muffin top.
1. Davey's Prime Rib at 11:00 p.m. one evening. Drooling just thinking about it!
p.s. The diet started this morning.
Bring It On
6 years ago
3 comments:
Papsmear syrup? For real? Sounds...i don't think I can even put it into words.
Yeah, I'm kind of stuck on the papsmear syrup, too. Mercy.
But, all of my favorite moments from vacation and life in general revolve around food.
I LOVE it!!! Isn't food what vacationing is all about?!!!
Post a Comment