Sunday, September 12, 2010

To blog or not to blog...

Just got off the phone with my wonderful mother. Here's an update for you, Mom!

Do not fear! Gavin loves school! This kid has major ANXIETY issues that he has inherited from his dad. He's lucky I understand it and don't kill him out of FRUSTRATION! Saturday evenings (you know how church is always on Sunday...)is always pretty interesting. Big events like a birthday or, say, an upcoming BAPTISM can bring on a lot of outbursts. We are taking that one, one day at a time. He does fine once he gets somewhere (just like his dad) but the build up to the event is sometimes not worth the fight.

I wanted to make sure things were good at school, so I decided to be a recess duty lady--remember those? I wanted to see how he was interacting with other kids and thought I could possibly help him a little if he wasn't. Happy to say that he is doing great. I am having a great time teaching 1st & 2nd graders how to jump rope. I think they have all mastered "Keep the kettle boiling, be on TIME!" remember that?

I found this picture tonight as I was downloading pictures from Kesleys camera. In the chain of pictures before this one, it is obvious he somehow took this beauty of himself! I can't stop laughing!
He is also loving scouts. I am the Den Leader for the Wolves and he has been counting down the days until he can EARN MERIT BADGES!!! You know how this kid loves himself any kind of trophy, or ribbon, or bead, or ANYTHING! Here is at the bike rodeo right after he won his ribbon...along with every other scout or sibling there... I love my Gavin.
I recently found a bag of 12 UNDEVELOPED rolls of film. I have been DYING to see what was on them and also terrified I had ruined them by storing them in a hot storage room. It's too spendy to get them all developed at once, so I took my first 3 rolls in and crossed my fingers. TREASURE!! I did damage the rolls, which makes me sick, but still--check out some of the cuteness--I'll share more throughout the week. And p.s. Jenna's birthday on Tuesday!

3 comments:

my name is becky kelly said...

i am seriously peeing my pants at that picture of Gavin!

Holly Sanders said...

what a riot! Gavin cracks me up. Are you guys still going north for the big day?

gillespie said...

Love the pictures. It's amazing how much changes in such a short time. CUTE!