To help the situation, I thought I would make things really fun and have a big super party to get everyone excited for school--kinda like the Nie Nie Dialogues lady does every year. I had HUGE EXPECTATIONS, but like I said, I'm slightly crazy and very unorganized, so my version ended up being not so cool--and kinda anti-climactic, and not quite like I was imagining it would be.
First up: Fall harvest dinner! Grilled zucchini & squash, grilled chicken, corn on the cob and fresh, yummy bruschetta! In my dream world, everything would be from my own garden. Reality was the vegetable stand down the street. The beautiful decorations never made it past the planning stages. Aunt Amber came for dinner and to braid the girls hair so it would be CRILLY--not curly--it's crilly at our house. (Check out the nerves taking over Gavin--poor kid.)
Next up: FHE & back to school blessings. This actually turned out great. Nothing like the spirit to change a bad mood. Kesley did say that instead of helping her, her blessing actually made her more nervous!
This morning went pretty good. I ignored Gavins outbursts and knew he was just trying to let out a little of the tornado of nerves going on inside of him. He wouldn't let me get a picture of him until we were IN FRONT of the school...and even then...
7 comments:
MMMM the dinner sounds good and the pictures of Gavin are classics.
I bet you anything that Gavin isn't just nervous about school. School is not easy. Kids are mean. I hated school. Has he said anything about that. Just an idea!
Kesley looks so much like you in these pictures!
Yeah for the first day!!!!
oh wow, that's totally opposite of my house! my kids can't WAIT to start school! we start next monday.
poor gav. now you have to post about his attitude after the first day. is he doing better?
I LOVE the big night before school party! I bet Gavin is loving school already! Its a big deal starting at a new school! I love cute Kesley's poses! Your kids are so dang cute and full of personality!!! Good luck with the new school year!!
LOL, Poor Gavin. He looks miserable.
To torment my kids I tell them, "I think I'm going to start homeschooling you this year." and then they scream... "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
Which is just fine with me. ;)
I gotta say... I came back to see if you've updated and Gavin's expressions cracked me up all over again. That kid did not want to go back to school. LOL.
Post a Comment