Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Kesley's baptism--song rehearsal luncheon

All the little girl cousins surrounding Kesley in age (that were able to make it) sang a beautiful song as the closing song at Kesleys baptism. I wanted to get them all together to practice so we decided to do a little brunch a couple days before the baptism. It turned out great--lots of giggling, good food and they learned the song fast.
Getting ready to practice
(Adria, Heather, Rachel, Kesley, Naomi, Megan, Melissa, Paige, Katelyn, Keira & Jenna)
We got the travel time from seats to singing spots down to 2 seconds! :)
The song was one we stole from Emily's girls.  The CD accompaniment is SO S L O W, but Emily played for them during the real deal and things went smooooooooooth.  They were angelic!

Now, you can't have a party without good food!  Since it was just after Easter, we had the best cold ham, cheese, lots o fruit and yummy muffins.  The umbrella toothpicks were the perfect utensil for finger food.  It was a hit!

 I got a kick out of them surrounding the picture of me and my sisters when we were younger and trying to pick out "who's who." 
 I tend to over think things, but I was glad I ended up doing this little luncheon.  It was a lovely morning.

No comments: