Wednesday, May 30, 2012

VanCott "Al l Together Again" ...in Capital Reef

If I don't do this now, I will have forgotten everything and then what would be the point?  As it is, I think I'm going to stick to the highlights.

2 nights, 3 days, 60 people, one hotel = AWESOME!

Day 1: SWIMMING!!  We took over that hotel pool.  I felt sorry for anyone who wasn't part of our group.  The pool was freezing, but I don't think the kids noticed. They also had the hot tub to warm up in.




Dinner in the park at the mouth of Capitol Reef--SPECTACULAR view!!


DAY 2:  We took over a slot canyon.  About a 2 mile hike through some pretty scenery.  Went as well as could be expected with 60 people--and lots of babies--but we DID it!   
 I stole this off Laurens blog. 

  More swimming!  Gavin was one scrawny prune!!

 DAY 3: More swimming and another hike to some petroglyphs and an arch. 

I forgot to mention that Brent brought our new trailer and and stayed at the campground across the street from the hotel.  He was in heaven!

A great trip.  I'm not sure when we will attempt this again--but I hope it's sooner than later.

No comments: