The Balloon Fest of course:
The Shumway Spectacular, Spectacular
Followed by the firework show--on the hot pavement in front of the stadium. Yes, it was my year to choose! Tradition!
Linda's will forever be the epitome of a perfect summer Sunday night. The kids will not let me miss it. Going or not going gives me so much POWER over them. hee hee. I'm pretty sure every VanCott uses Linda's as a way to parent with manipulation and idle threats! Thank you Linda!!
July also brought my 20 year high school reunion...no joke. I got to go with my 2 best friends from high school, Chrissy and Marianne. It was such a surreal experience to be in the same room with all those people 20 years later... Some hadn't changed a bit, and some...wow! they had changed more than three bits! I was surprised by how the old insecurities just came flooding back--but it was also a good experience to be there as an adult, and to realize that we all had the same insecurities back then--popular or not. It is hard to be a teenager! I was really reluctant to go, but I am really glad I did.
Check out our class picture! We must have made some pact together to try to look as ANGRY as possible! Chrissy cheated at the last minute! I'm in the middle left, Marianne is center and Chrissy is middle right. Awesome.
July also brought a lot of yard work. I was proud of my little herb garden and my front containers. I also added a perennial garden in the back, leveled and layed pavers around the pool area, took out shrubs and leveled a spot for the tramp--which I moved by myelf--DIAGNOLLY through our aspen trees and almost broke my back... Lots-O-work.
Gavin captured this hummingbird with my camera--amazing shot!
Now, for the second half!
No comments:
Post a Comment